Friday, October 15, 2010

Good intentions

So much for aiming for a post a day!Does it count if we post two or three times a day, to make up for the missed ones?
So the Commonwealth Games came to a close with a grand finale yesterday. Maybe I'm being cynical, but the thought which struck me was: as a city, do we go back to being our messy selves now? I didn't venture much into Delhi during the games, but when I did, the roads were comparitively empty. There was a buzz in the air, and every evening, smiling faces on TV told us that we had hauled in another load of medals. It is like when we have a party at home--the best linen and china comes out, the kids are on their best behaviour, the hostess is smiling, gracious and efficient, the host is jovial and welcoming, and we always feel, why can't it be like this always? So also with the city. Yes, there are some permanent "gifts" to Delhizens, like the Metro, spruced up roads, pavements and flyovers. But I wish the general feeling of bonhomie would also remain.

6 Comments:

Blogger Krish said...

Did you actually want to title the post as "Wishful Thinking"?

23/3/11 4:01 AM  
Blogger LAK said...

Good idea, but what a wish! As elusive as the "world peace" wish of beauty contestants!

23/3/11 5:33 AM  
Blogger Krish said...

DO you think you need to be blogging more often than this?

23/3/11 4:26 PM  
Blogger LAK said...

Er, yessir! Actually, it was just a combination of laziness, writer's block (if I can call myself a writer!) and child-in-twelfth-itis!

24/3/11 9:45 AM  
Blogger Krish said...

Is it true that parents of children in their final year of schooling face more anxiety than the children themselves? Am trying to look back and see what my own case was when I was in my final year, and my answer is poised towards the affirmative! I would say those were the most irresponsible years of my life! :/ How is it with children and parents these days?

Well, have I, accidentally, given you a topic for you to overcome your writers' block? :p Btw, I do not suffer from Writer's Block - I suffer straight from selective amnesia and forget for days together that I maintain a blog :D Am sure you are much better off than me :)

26/3/11 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I think you've mis-linked my blog to your page. It's under "Tharunya" on your sidebar.

6/12/11 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home